This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and Fireplace by Design the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means collectively all information that you submit to the Fireplace by Design via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 12;
“UK and EU Cookie Law”
means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Fireplace by Design and acting in the course of their employment; and
means the website that you are currently using
2. Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies only to the actions of Fireplace by Design and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links provided to social media websites.
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website on occasion when you submit the contact us form or on ordering a product from this website:
- [contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;]
- [IP address (automatically collected);]
- [web browser type and version (automatically collected);]
- [operating system (automatically collected);]
- [a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);]
3. Data use
- Any personal Data you submit can be retained by Fireplace by Design for as long as it required to fulfil our services to you.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 5, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This [includes] OR [does not include]our affiliates and / or other companies.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- [internal record keeping;]
- [improvement of our products / services;]
- [transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;]
4. Third Party Websites and Services
- Fireplace by Design may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services [do not] have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Fireplace by Design requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
5. Links to other website
6. Controlling Use of Your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
sharing Data with third parties.
7. Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access [certain areas of] the Website without providing any Data at all. [However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data.]
Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Fireplace by Design (where such data is held), and you can do so by emailing email@example.com or writing to Fireplace by Design Ltd, 82 High Street, Measham, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE12 7JB.
Data security is of great importance to Fireplace by Design and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
10. Changes to this Policy
Fireplace by Design reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.